Friday, December 25, 2009

Dates and Times

Just so everyone will know we have our IVIG dates set. Dray will be going up to Primary Children's on December 30 & 31st for his blood infusions. I am hoping to know more details about this process when I call up there. No fun for needles... poor boy, it breaks my heart. But, he really is a tough guy. We got his blood drawn yesterday, and he did put up somewhat of a protest, but overall he took it like a man. He is just so sweet and tries to do everything we ask of him. He has gotten very good at giving himself his own medication. I give him the syringe and he takes care of his business, and that is impressive because he takes a lot of different things. Steroids, fish oil, and some other nutrients that help with various aspects of his condition.

Oh, and just FYI Dray had an awesome Christmas!! He knew exactly what was going on. He told everyone that Santa Claus was coming to his house to give him presents. He remembered to put out cookies and milk. Actually, that was the first thing he noticed in the morning, not the presents, but that Santa ate the cookies and drank the milk. He is really into airplanes, rockets, etc. Anything that moves fast. So, we got him a 3 foot rocket. He loved it and told me he wanted to hug it. I will have to put up some pictures of our Christmas. What a sweet little boy!! Keep him in your thoughts and prayers this week. We just keep praying to find something that will help him. I know so many of you already do... so thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I just read the last posted thing, so I don't know the whole history, but it seems that you are going through similar thing like us. Lucas started at the age 2, now he is 5. We have tried everything. Now he is on IVIG monthly. He just had his 8th dosage on tuesday. He cannot take steroids anymore since he developed all the side effects possible. He also takes his meds all by himself, not with the syringe, he takes pills and swallows them without water if I am not looking. I could never do that. Brona

    ReplyDelete