Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Good Riddance!!!













Dr. Dray making ME a "hat"

Good riddance to valium is all I have to say. I have part of my boy back again. I say part because he still can't understand anything I say and he struggles with all of his heart to say anything, but he is happy! He is happy and focused again. We can read books again, do his speech therapy assignments (with out it being at all painful), he falls asleep easily, and he is smiling and laughing more. It is so great. Hopefully these things will stick around. I was going crazy trying to get him to do ANYTHING.

The steroids haven't really made much of a difference in his communication, but he is doing great in other areas again. We have really relied heavily on the signing for now, and everyday he picks up more signs. The school district sent me everything I need to get in-home services. I was trying to explain Dray's condition to them, and of course they have no idea what Landau-Kleffner is, nobody does. But, they are willing to do the in-home services, so that's all that matters. Hopefully we'll be able to hear Dray talk normal again soon. We hope and pray always!




1 comment:

  1. Kerri,
    I've been thinking a lot about you & your family.
    I asked Rex to pass this information on but just in case he hasn't Gold Canyon has a foundation called the prayerchild foundation. What it's there for is to help families who have needs for a child. Take a look at their website, www.prayerchild.org; the video is extremly touching. If you'd like we can submit a request for Dray to help with the costs of speech therapy or other needs that he may have. We pray for your family each night.
    Love, Mindy, Rex & Braxton

    ReplyDelete