Monday, September 28, 2009

More Progress... and even giving Kate speech lessons!!


We are still enjoying the progress that has come with the steroids. Everything he says now is understandable and clear. He is so much happier, and that is always the most welcome of any change we could have. We are almost back to where he was, but we'll take what we've got and be grateful.

So, these are cute pictures from the other day when Dray decided to share his speech therapy experiences with Kate. He got out a bunch of picture cards and laid all of them out. He got a chair for Kate and sat her down. After that he proceeded with his lesson. He would say, "Kate which one is for eating," and she would point, "Good job! Which one is up in they sky?"and on,"Which one drives on the street?". It was so cute and he was so excited to be in charge and teach Kate a few things. Kate was a trooper and played right along with her brother's game. So fun to have him doing so well!

1 comment:

  1. Kerri,

    You are amazing! I admire that you can do so much for Dray when there is so many other demands on your time. I have one child that I often say to Bill, "that girl needs her own mother---a mother she doesn't have to share with anyone else!" Although, I'm not as proactive in helping her as you are in helping Dray. But you've inspired me to try harder to find ways to help her.

    I will continue to pray for Dray and for the rest of you too. I love you, Kerri!

    Love,
    Stacy Smith Moritz
    p.s.--I had a great visit with Rex last week. I was in Dallas for a few days and we were able to get together a couple of times. I wish we could've seen you this summer at Haigler---we were out of town at the time. But hopefully you'll be able to go to the Russell Reunion this summer.

    ReplyDelete